Close Menu
    Trending
    • ‘Abbott Elementary’ Star Turned Down ‘Real Housewives’
    • Ahead of Day 2 talks with Xi, Trump says he hopes US-China ties will be ‘stronger and better’
    • Explosions heard as mining groups stage antigovernment protest in Bolivia | Protests News
    • Opinion | Why China Fears the ‘A.I. Girlfriend’
    • China & War | Armstrong Economics
    • One Direction Member Won’t Be Attending Harry Styles’ Nuptials
    • Ahead of second day of talks with Xi, Trump says he hopes US-China ties will be ‘stronger and better’
    • Could Iran war trigger a hunger crisis? | US-Israel war on Iran
    Ironside News
    • Home
    • World News
    • Latest News
    • Politics
    • Opinions
    • Tech News
    • World Economy
    Ironside News
    Home»Latest News»Medical experts dispute evidence in Lucy Letby’s baby killing conviction | Courts News
    Latest News

    Medical experts dispute evidence in Lucy Letby’s baby killing conviction | Courts News

    Ironside NewsBy Ironside NewsFebruary 4, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    Lucy Letby is serving 15 life sentences for seven child deaths at neonatal models between 2015 and 2016.

    The case of a British nurse sentenced to life imprisonment for killing seven new child infants is being reviewed as medical consultants argued there was no proof to help her conviction for homicide.

    Lucy Letby is serving 15 life sentences for the deaths of infants at neonatal models within the northwest of England the place she labored between 2015-16.

    Letby was convicted of murdering seven infants and trying to kill seven others on the Countess of Chester Hospital neonatal unit, making her the UK’s most prolific serial killer of youngsters in fashionable historical past.

    However her defence staff on Tuesday utilized to the impartial Prison Instances Evaluation Fee (CCRC) to probe whether or not there had been a attainable miscarriage of justice in her two trials in 2023-24.

    Letby, 35, who maintains her innocence, was accused of attacking the infants by numerous means, together with injecting air into their bloodstreams that prompted an air embolism that blocked the blood provide.

    However Dr Shoo Lee – a retired Canadian doctor who co-authored a 1989 educational paper on air embolism in infants that featured in Letby’s 10-month trial – instructed a London information convention that Letby had exhausted all her appeals “and but it stays that the proof was incorrect”.

    “The proof that was used to convict her was incorrect and for me that may be a downside,” he stated, presenting the findings of a global panel of 14 impartial consultants within the care of younger infants.

    Lee stated the panel’s conclusion was the proof “doesn’t help homicide in any of those instances”.

    The group of paediatric specialists concluded pure causes or dangerous medical care led to the deaths of every of the newborns, Lee added.

    Letby is “sitting in jail for the remainder of her life for a criminal offense that simply by no means occurred”, her lawyer Mark McDonald stated.

    “The rationale why Lucy Letby was convicted was due to the medical proof introduced to the jury. That at this time has been demolished.”

    A spokesperson for the CCRC stated, “We now have acquired a preliminary utility in relation to Ms Letby’s case and work has begun to evaluate the applying.”

    The fee has the ability to refer instances again to the Courtroom of Attraction if it determines there might have been a miscarriage of justice.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleTop Doctors Raise Grave Doubts Over Conviction of ‘Killer Nurse’ Lucy Letby
    Next Article China announces measures against Google, other US firms, as trade tensions escalate
    Ironside News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Latest News

    Explosions heard as mining groups stage antigovernment protest in Bolivia | Protests News

    May 15, 2026
    Latest News

    Could Iran war trigger a hunger crisis? | US-Israel war on Iran

    May 14, 2026
    Latest News

    What does the US hope to achieve from Lebanon-Israel talks? | Israel attacks Lebanon News

    May 14, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    US says China ‘massively expanded’ nuclear arsenal

    February 23, 2026

    Christina Applegate Joins IG To Make ‘Real, Raw, And Honest’ Confessions

    October 18, 2025

    Lessons from a Lost-Pet Detective Named Kat

    March 24, 2025

    ESA’s Nuclear Rocket: Faster Mars Missions

    June 14, 2025

    DeepMind Table Tennis Robots Train Each Other

    July 21, 2025
    Categories
    • Entertainment News
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    Most Popular

    Yemen separatists ‘determined’ in independence drive after battlefield wins: AFP

    December 31, 2025

    Trump is getting weaker, and the resistance is getting stronger

    December 30, 2025

    Rihanna Supports A$AP Rocky in Court Amid Trial Drama

    January 30, 2025
    Our Picks

    ‘Abbott Elementary’ Star Turned Down ‘Real Housewives’

    May 15, 2026

    Ahead of Day 2 talks with Xi, Trump says he hopes US-China ties will be ‘stronger and better’

    May 15, 2026

    Explosions heard as mining groups stage antigovernment protest in Bolivia | Protests News

    May 15, 2026
    Categories
    • Entertainment News
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright Ironsidenews.comAll Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.