Close Menu
    Trending
    • Ebola Cases Rise Sharply as Medical Workers Scramble for Supplies
    • German Intelligence Deems Watermelon Emoji Hate Speech
    • James Lafferty Has One Condition For Joining ‘DWTS’
    • US military watchdog probes strikes on alleged drug boats: Reports
    • Lebanon and Syria reshape ties amid Israeli attacks and regional shifts | Politics News
    • Planatir To Control Britain’s Health Data
    • Pete Davidson’s Split From Girlfriend Takes A Messy Turn
    • Japan arrests Americans over stunt at baby monkey Punch’s zoo
    Ironside News
    • Home
    • World News
    • Latest News
    • Politics
    • Opinions
    • Tech News
    • World Economy
    Ironside News
    Home»Latest News»Lebanon says four months needed for second phase of Hezbollah disarmament | Hezbollah News
    Latest News

    Lebanon says four months needed for second phase of Hezbollah disarmament | Hezbollah News

    Ironside NewsBy Ironside NewsFebruary 17, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    Announcement comes as Hezbollah rejects calls to dismantle its arsenals north of the Litani River, describing stress to take action as a ‘grave sin’.

    Lebanon’s authorities has mentioned that its army will want no less than 4 months to finish the second part of its plan to dismantle Hezbollah’s arsenals within the nation’s south.

    The announcement by Minister of Data Paul Morcos on Monday comes amid rising stress from the US and Israel to disarm Hezbollah, together with near-daily Israeli assaults on the nation.

    Really helpful Tales

    checklist of 4 gadgetsfinish of checklist

    The bombings come regardless of Israel agreeing to a US-brokered ceasefire in 2024 to finish greater than a yr of cross-border hostilities with Hezbollah.

    The battle left the Lebanese armed group badly weakened, with a lot of its management killed.

    Beneath the ceasefire deal, Lebanon’s authorities dedicated to dismantling Hezbollah’s arsenal and tasked its army with drawing up a plan to take action.

    The army mentioned final month that it had completed the first phase of the 5 stage plan, masking the world between the Litani River and the nation’s southern border with Israel.

    The second part considerations the world between the Litani and the Awali rivers, about 40km (25 miles) south of the Lebanese capital, Beirut.

    Morcos, the Lebanese data minister, instructed a information convention after a cupboard session that the federal government “took be aware of the military management’s presentation” on the second stage of the plan.

    “There’s a timeframe of 4 months, extendable relying on accessible capabilities, Israeli assaults and hindrances on the bottom,” he mentioned.

    Hezbollah, which has dismissed efforts to disarm it as a US-Israeli plan, has rejected calls to give up weapons north of the Litani River, saying it understands the ceasefire settlement to use “completely south” of the waterway.

    Earlier than the cupboard session on Monday, Hezbollah chief Naim Qassem mentioned that “what the Lebanese authorities is doing in specializing in disarmament is a grave sin, as a result of this difficulty serves the targets of the Israeli aggression”.

    “Cease all motion to limit weapons,” he added in a televised deal with, saying the federal government’s “successive concessions” had been partly accountable for Israel’s persistent assaults.

    Qassem’s feedback got here because the Israeli army launched new raids on southern Lebanon, putting a bus within the city of Hanin and a automotive within the city of Talloussah and killing no less than two individuals.

    The Israeli army confirmed the assault on Talloussah, saying it attacked a Hezbollah fighter who was making an attempt to rebuild the group’s infrastructure in southern Lebanon.

    Israel has beforehand criticised the Lebanese army’s progress on disarming Hezbollah as inadequate.

    Along with the common strikes, it additionally continues to occupy 5 areas in Lebanese territory, blocking the reconstruction of destroyed border villages and stopping tens of hundreds of displaced individuals from returning to their properties.

    In response to Lebanese authorities, Israeli forces have killed greater than 370 individuals because the ceasefire, whereas the United Nations mentioned Israel has launched greater than 10,000 air and floor assaults within the yr because it agreed to halt hostilities.

    Lebanon filed a complaint with the UN final month in regards to the repeated Israeli violations, urging the UN Safety Council to push Israel to finish its assaults and totally withdraw from the nation.

    The criticism mentioned Israel violated Lebanon’s sovereignty no less than 2,036 instances within the final three months of 2025 alone.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleAfrica needs its own credit rating agency
    Next Article Trump says he will be involved indirectly in Iran talks
    Ironside News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Latest News

    Lebanon and Syria reshape ties amid Israeli attacks and regional shifts | Politics News

    May 19, 2026
    Latest News

    How Philadelphia’s Democratic primary tests the bounds of US progressivism | US Midterm Elections 2026 News

    May 19, 2026
    Latest News

    US suspends joint defence effort with Canada dating back to World War II | Donald Trump News

    May 19, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Hezbollah Stages Show of Strength at Hassan Nasrallah’s Funeral

    February 23, 2025

    Kendra Wilkinson Addresses Critics Of Her Fashion Sense

    October 30, 2025

    Both Pennsylvania Senators, Republican Dave McCormick and Democrat John Fetterman, Call for End to Shutdown in Video Message | The Gateway Pundit

    October 24, 2025

    White House sets hiring, foreign enrolment terms for colleges to get funding advantage: Report

    October 2, 2025

    Anti-Trump ‘No Kings’ rallies pop up in thousands of US cities

    March 29, 2026
    Categories
    • Entertainment News
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    Most Popular

    Students bridge divides, one hard conversation at a time

    October 27, 2025

    Mangrove Lithium Cuts Waste in Battery Production

    February 26, 2026

    Google joins US firms abandoning diversity recruitment goals

    February 6, 2025
    Our Picks

    Ebola Cases Rise Sharply as Medical Workers Scramble for Supplies

    May 19, 2026

    German Intelligence Deems Watermelon Emoji Hate Speech

    May 19, 2026

    James Lafferty Has One Condition For Joining ‘DWTS’

    May 19, 2026
    Categories
    • Entertainment News
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright Ironsidenews.comAll Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.