Close Menu
    Trending
    • Remains Believed to Be St. Francis’ Are on Rare Public Display
    • New and existing battles cast a shadow over the coming days
    • Sydney Sweeney & ‘Euphoria’ Cast Pay Tribute To The Late Eric Dane
    • ‘No thanks’: Greenland, Denmark reject Trump’s hospital ship offer
    • Syria moves out last residents of ISIL-linked desert camp | ISIL/ISIS News
    • Map: 7.1-Magnitude Earthquake Shakes the South China Sea
    • Chuck Schumer Has Trump Derangement Syndrome
    • Shia LaBeouf Looks Worn Down In Newly Released Mugshot
    Ironside News
    • Home
    • World News
    • Latest News
    • Politics
    • Opinions
    • Tech News
    • World Economy
    Ironside News
    Home»Latest News»Syria moves out last residents of ISIL-linked desert camp | ISIL/ISIS News
    Latest News

    Syria moves out last residents of ISIL-linked desert camp | ISIL/ISIS News

    Ironside NewsBy Ironside NewsFebruary 22, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    Official Fadi al-Qassem says all residents have left al-Hol camp, which lengthy housed kinfolk of alleged ISIL (ISIS) members.

    Printed On 22 Feb 202622 Feb 2026

    Share

    Syrian authorities say they’ve absolutely evacuated and shut down a distant camp that when stored 1000’s of kinfolk of alleged members of the armed group ISIL (ISIS).

    The final residents have been despatched out in a convoy Sunday morning, in response to Fadi al-Qassem, the Syrian authorities official overseeing the camp.

    Really helpful Tales

    checklist of 4 gadgetsfinish of checklist

    “All Syrian and non-Syrian households have been relocated,” al-Qassem informed Agence France-Presse.

    Al-Hol, positioned in a desert area of the northeastern Hasakah province, had lengthy stored big numbers of kinfolk of suspected ISIL fighters.

    At its peak in 2019, the camp held some 73,000 individuals. Final month, there have been about 24,000 residents, largely Syrians but additionally Iraqis and greater than 6,000 different foreigners of round 40 nationalities.

     

    Whereas the camp’s residents weren’t technically prisoners and most haven’t been accused of crimes, they’d been held in de facto detention on the closely guarded facility for years.

    Final month, Syria’s authorities took management of the camp from Kurdish authorities, as Damascus extended its reach across northeastern Syria.

    Since then, 1000’s of its detainees, together with relations of suspected ISIL members, have left for unknown locations. A whole bunch have been despatched to the Akhtarin camp in Aleppo province, whereas others have been repatriated to Iraq.

    The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a struggle monitor based mostly in the UK, reported an unspecified variety of residents “left the camp individually, with out ready for the organised convoys”. Sources on the bottom told Al Jazeera many Syrian nationals left al-Hol for his or her hometowns, whereas most of the foreigners travelled west to authorities strongholds of Idlib or Aleppo governorates.

    Al-Qassem mentioned residents who’ve been relocated are kids and ladies who will “want help for his or her reintegration”.

    Girls and youngsters collect at al-Hol camp in Hasakah, Syria, in January [Khalil Ashawi/Reuters]

    The way forward for the smaller Roj camp in northeastern Syria, which additionally homes kinfolk of alleged ISIL members however stays below the management of the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), stays to be seen.

    Most of its inhabitants are foreigners whose dwelling nations have largely refused to obtain them.

    Syrian authorities turned back buses carrying 34 Australian girls and youngsters on February 16 after they left the Roj camp, headed towards Damascus with plans to journey on to Australia. Australian authorities later mentioned they would not repatriate the families.

    “We’ve got no sympathy, frankly, for individuals who travelled abroad to be able to take part in what was an try to determine a caliphate to undermine and destroy our lifestyle,” mentioned Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese, explaining his nation’s stance.

    Whereas it’s “unlucky” that kids have been affected, Australia is “not offering any help”, Albanese added.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleMap: 7.1-Magnitude Earthquake Shakes the South China Sea
    Next Article ‘No thanks’: Greenland, Denmark reject Trump’s hospital ship offer
    Ironside News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Latest News

    T20 World Cup: South Africa beat India by 76 runs in Super Eight | ICC Men’s T20 World Cup News

    February 22, 2026
    Latest News

    Man killed after entering perimeter of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort | Donald Trump News

    February 22, 2026
    Latest News

    UEFA and FIFA may get a red card at the ICC for ignoring Israeli violations | Israel-Palestine conflict

    February 22, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Myanmar says Rohingya genocide case at The Hague is ‘flawed, unfounded’ | Rohingya News

    January 14, 2026

    America is headed for a grim fiscal reckoning

    April 6, 2025

    ICE Arrests Illegal Immigrant Who Threatened to Assassinate Trump

    May 29, 2025

    Grand Theft Auto studio accused of ‘union busting’ after sacking workers

    November 6, 2025

    HARDBALL: Trump Agriculture Sec Brooke Rollins Tells Reluctant Blue States to Turn Over SNAP Data for Audit or Lose Funding (VIDEO) | The Gateway Pundit

    December 4, 2025
    Categories
    • Entertainment News
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    Most Popular

    How Macron Became a Close Zelensky Ally

    May 10, 2025

    Clinton-Appointed Judge Rules Inmate Who Murdered Baby Must Be Provided Taxpayer-Funded Sex Change at ‘Earliest Opportunity’ | The Gateway Pundit

    March 15, 2025

    Alec Baldwin Faces New Lawsuit After ‘Rust’ Gun Scandal

    November 2, 2025
    Our Picks

    Remains Believed to Be St. Francis’ Are on Rare Public Display

    February 22, 2026

    New and existing battles cast a shadow over the coming days

    February 22, 2026

    Sydney Sweeney & ‘Euphoria’ Cast Pay Tribute To The Late Eric Dane

    February 22, 2026
    Categories
    • Entertainment News
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright Ironsidenews.comAll Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.