A brand new United Nations Human Rights Workplace report says Israel’s navy marketing campaign and blockade of Gaza have created residing situations “more and more incompatible with Palestinians’ continued existence as a gaggle in Gaza” because it presses its genocidal warfare on the enclave.
The report launched on Thursday states that “intensified assaults, the methodical destruction of complete neighbourhoods and the denial of humanitarian help appeared to goal at a everlasting demographic shift in Gaza”.
Really useful Tales
checklist of three gadgetsfinish of checklist
“This, along with forcible transfers, which seem to goal at a everlasting displacement, elevate issues over ethnic cleaning in Gaza and the West Financial institution.”
Overlaying the interval from November 1, 2024 to October 31, 2025, the report paperwork Israel’s safety forces’ “systematic use of illegal drive” within the occupied West Financial institution and occupied East Jerusalem.
It highlights “widespread” arbitrary detention and the “intensive illegal demolition” of Palestinian houses, stating that the measures search to “systematically discriminate, oppress, management and dominate the Palestinian individuals”.
These insurance policies are altering “the character, standing and demographic composition of the occupied West Financial institution, elevating critical issues of ethnic cleaning”.
In Gaza, the report condemns the killing and maiming of “unprecedented numbers of civilians”, the unfold of famine and the destruction of the “remaining civilian infrastructure”.
A minimum of 463 Palestinians, together with 157 kids, starved to dying throughout the 12-month interval, in response to the findings.
“Palestinians confronted the inhumane selection of both ravenous to dying or risking being killed whereas making an attempt to get meals,” it says, including that the famine and “foreseeable and repeatedly foretold” deaths straight resulted from actions taken by the Israeli authorities.
Israel’s ongoing assaults on Gaza
Israeli forces launched new air strikes and artillery assaults throughout the Gaza Strip, as households within the besieged enclave woke to start their Ramadan quick under bombardment.
Shelling struck areas east of Khan Younis in southern Gaza at daybreak on Thursday, the place Israeli troops stay deployed. Warplanes additionally hit Rafah and areas east of Gaza Metropolis, in response to Al Jazeera’s correspondent.
A day earlier, medical officers at Nasser Medical Complicated confirmed that two Palestinians had been killed by Israeli fireplace close to the so-called “yellow line” in Bani Suheila, east of Khan Younis.
Israeli forces proceed to demolish homes and infrastructure in areas they management, flattening complete neighbourhoods and entrenching displacement.
The assaults kind a part of Israel’s repeated breaches of the ceasefire that started on October 10, 2025.
Gaza’s Ministry of Well being says these violations have killed 603 Palestinians and wounded 1,618 others as of Monday.
‘Partnership between settlers and the occupation forces’
Violence has additionally intensified within the occupied West Financial institution.
On Wednesday night, the Palestinian Ministry of Well being introduced the dying of 19-year-old Nasrallah Mohammad Jamal Abu Siam, who succumbed to wounds sustained throughout a settler assault on Mukhmas, northeast of occupied East Jerusalem.
Settlers, working below the safety of Israeli forces, opened fireplace and stole dozens of sheep from Palestinian farmers. Three of the wounded had been shot with stay ammunition.
With Abu Siam’s killing, the variety of Palestinians shot useless by settlers alone since October 7, 2023 has risen to 37, in response to the Wall and Settlement Resistance Fee.
Moayad Shaaban, head of the fee, described occasions in Mukhmas as a “harmful escalation in organised settler terrorism”, citing a “full partnership between settlers and the occupation forces”.
Israeli troops additionally raided the city of Arraba, south of Jenin, wounding two younger males with stay fireplace, one critically. Troopers detained a number of others throughout the incursion.
In Jerusalem, Ramadan has introduced additional restrictions at Al-Aqsa Mosque. The mosque’s imam, Sheikh Akrama Sabri, mentioned Israeli authorities are “imposing a actuality by drive” by limiting worshippers whereas permitting extremist Jewish incursions into the compound.
Occupation authorities have issued greater than 100 deportation orders barring younger Jerusalemites from getting into the mosque and restricted West Financial institution worshippers to 10,000 permits below strict age and safety situations. Al-Aqsa can maintain as much as half one million individuals.
Sheikh Sabri mentioned Israeli forces query worshippers throughout tarawih prayers in what he described as “provocation upon provocation”.
