Close Menu
    Trending
    • USS Lincoln woes highlight US Navy limits in prolonged Iran war: Experts | US-Israel war on Iran News
    • Monzo says issue with card payments and transfers now resolved
    • Xos Inc Stock Surges 69% in Pre-Market Trading
    • Ayla Bell Admits Why She Dodges an Awkward Job Question
    • Trump says will meet North Korea’s Kim later this year
    • Canada pledges $50m aid to Lebanon and condemns Israeli ‘unlawful invasion’ | Politics News
    • 81,000 warning letters sent to crypto holders in HMRC tax crackdown
    • Bieniemy’s Wife on ‘Great Road to Recovery’
    Ironside News
    • Home
    • World News
    • Latest News
    • Politics
    • Opinions
    • Tech News
    • World Economy
    Ironside News
    Home»Trending News»Israel strikes Lebanon in response to cross-border rocket fire
    Trending News

    Israel strikes Lebanon in response to cross-border rocket fire

    Ironside NewsBy Ironside NewsMarch 22, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    BEIRUT/JERUSALEM: Israeli artillery and airstrikes hit south Lebanon on Saturday (Mar 22) after Israel mentioned it had intercepted rockets fired from throughout the border, a conflict endangering a shaky truce that ended a year-long conflict between Israel and Lebanese armed group Hezbollah.

    That battle marked the deadliest spillover of the Gaza conflict, rumbling throughout the border for months earlier than escalating right into a blistering Israeli offensive that worn out Hezbollah’s high commanders, a lot of its fighters and far of its arsenal.

    Hezbollah denied accountability for Saturday’s strikes, saying it had “no hyperlink” to the rocket launches and that it remained dedicated to the ceasefire. No group claimed accountability for the assault.

    Saturday’s change was the primary since Israel successfully abandoned a separate ceasefire in the Gaza Strip with Palestinian militant group Hamas, an ally of Hezbollah, each backed by Israel’s arch-foe Iran.

    The Israeli army mentioned early Saturday it had intercepted three rockets launched from a Lebanese district about 6km north of the border, the second cross-border launch since a US-brokered ceasefire in November ended the combating.

    In retaliation for the rockets, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defence Minister Israel Katz ordered the army to “act forcefully towards dozens of terror targets in Lebanon”, Netanyahu mentioned in a press release.

    Israel’s army mentioned individually it had struck dozens of Hezbollah rocket launchers and a command centre from which the group’s militants had been working, in southern Lebanon.

    Hezbollah didn’t instantly reply to a Reuters request for remark.

    Lebanon’s state information company reported a spate of Israeli airstrikes and artillery barrages within the nation’s war-battered south, together with border cities and hilltops round 8km inside Lebanese territory.

    Two individuals have been killed and eight wounded by Israeli airstrikes within the south close to the border, the state information company NNA mentioned, quoting Lebanon’s well being ministry.

    There have been no experiences of casualties in Israel.

    In Gaza, well being authorities mentioned 5 Palestinians had been killed by Israeli fireplace, together with a toddler, in incidents in Beit Lahiya and Gaza Metropolis. Israel’s army mentioned it was wanting into the report.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleTrump revokes legal status for 530,000 immigrants in the US | News
    Next Article Hilaria Baldwin Called Out For Being ‘Not Nice’ To Husband Alec
    Ironside News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Trending News

    Trump says will meet North Korea’s Kim later this year

    August 19, 2026
    Trending News

    US, South Korea to cut length, scope of military drills after Trump order

    August 19, 2026
    Trending News

    Israeli military launches criminal probes into killings of Hind Rajab and Palestinian paramedics

    August 19, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    President Trump Lights Up Antony Blinken For Giving Joe Biden Credit for Historic Peace Deal Between Israel and Hamas (VIDEO) | The Gateway Pundit

    October 13, 2025

    Iran’s Strategy – Divide & Conquer

    August 12, 2026

    Stay weird, Portland, and fight the good fight

    October 16, 2025

    CREAM’s Role in Mitigating Kessler Syndrome Risks

    August 17, 2025

    Hegseth Announces Chinese Nationals No Longer Service Pentagon’s Cloud Systems

    August 30, 2025
    Categories
    • Entertainment News
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    Most Popular

    Pope Francis’s popemobile set to become health clinic for Gaza children

    May 4, 2025

    Britney Spears’ Loved Ones ‘Praying’ She Doesn’t Get Jail Time

    March 7, 2026

    Israel’s war on Iran – decades in the making | TV Shows

    June 21, 2025
    Our Picks

    USS Lincoln woes highlight US Navy limits in prolonged Iran war: Experts | US-Israel war on Iran News

    August 19, 2026

    Monzo says issue with card payments and transfers now resolved

    August 19, 2026

    Xos Inc Stock Surges 69% in Pre-Market Trading

    August 19, 2026
    Categories
    • Entertainment News
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright Ironsidenews.comAll Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.